Our latest addition..

IMG_1059

Today we went to visit my mother, and she and my son made a homemade ‘chia pet’. Each day we need to spray it down with water, and within a few days, the hair should start to grow. My son is super-excited, and moved his yet-to-be-named pet to his room tonight to sleep with. I will take a pic of it every couple of days to mark it’s progress.

IMG_1081IMG_1082



Day Three

We still don’t have a name for this little fella – but we did notice some changes tonight. We have been watering him with Monster Spray (that is another yet-to-be-written post) twice a day, and some little tiny bids have started to appear beneath the surface. I am notsure if they will be able to make it through the netting, but I am sure we will find out in the next 24 hours!

Update: unfortunately, our little chia didnt do that well…for some reason, the seeds couldnt find their way out of the netting. We cut the netting away, but still the seeds were buried too far to be able to make their way out. ┬áIt was still a fun experiment, though!

 




Leave a Reply